Govt. Bikram College of Commerce has entered in 75th year
KS Diwan/ royalpatiala.in/ Patiala
Govt. Bikram College of Commerce, Patiala has entered in 75th year of its glorious journey and the event was inaugurated jointly by the chief guest, Maharaj Kumari Nisharani Devi Mahtab Kehr and the Guest of Honour, Maharaja Kumar Jai Chand Mahtab, descendants of the founder of the college, Raja Sir Harinder Singh Brar Bans Bahadur.
This grand event was followed by the annual convocation ceremony, in which 300 degrees were conferred to the students by the chief guest and the guest of honour. In her address, the principal Dr. Harminder Kaur said that the institution had started its journey of knowledge in 1945 and today it has made a name for itself solely because of its quality education.
Govt Bikram College of Commerce
Govt Bikram(P.G) College of Commerce is one of the leading colleges of commerce in the entire northern region situated in Patiala. The college is an epitome of glory & grandeur in the field of commerce. This pioneer institution was established at Faridkot in 1945 by His Majesty, Raja Harinder Singh of Faridkot State in the memory of his grandfather Maharaja Bikram Singh (Jan., 1842-Aug., 1898.)
In 1955, the college was shifted to Patiala from Faridkot. Initially, the college was affiliated to Panjab University and later it got affiliated to Punjabi University in 1962. It is the only single faculty prestigious College of Commerce in the State of Punjab. The founder Principal was Gurdit Singh Dhillon, who was Ph.D. from California, USA.