Women’s Day-Dr Goldy of Columbia Asia gave tips for women to stay fit,healthy
Gurjit Singh/ royalpatiala.in/ Patiala
8th March, Patiala Columbia Asia Hospital, Marked International Women’s Day where Dr. Goldy Kamboj Consultant Gynecologist Columbia Asia Hospital, Patiala provided with few tips for women to stay fit and healthy.
International Women’s Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8 every year. It is a focal point in the movement for women’s rights.
The International Women’s Day 2019 campaign theme of # Balance for Better # is a call-to-action for driving gender balance across the world. Right now is a great and important time in history to do everything possible to help forge a more gender-balanced world. Women have come a long way, yet there’s still more to be achieved.
Balanced world is a better world. Celebrate women’s achievement. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality.
Dr. Goldy told by following tips women’s can keep themselves fit and healthy which will help in building a strong and balanced nation.
- Sleep well as sleeping helps to maintain focus lowers the risk of critical health problems like heart disease, obesity, and it even helps to lose excess weight.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day five days a week
- Stay away from risky habits like excessive drinking, smoking and consumption of drugs.
- Get screened periodically for preventive health ailments like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, UTI & kidney diseases etc.
- Stay hydrated as water solves a lot of health issues. Consume 7-8 glasses of water daily to stay healthy and well hydrated.
- Laugh More. When you laugh your body release feel-good hormones that kills the stress hormone cortisol.
- Live stress free –manage you stress with exercise and meditation or other relaxation techniques.
- Maintain Hygiene-Maintain a Good Feminine hygiene. Wash your private area with clean water, wear cotton undergarments, and change your sanitary pads every 3-4 hours.
“Think equal, build smart, innovate for change”.