2 new cases in Punjab; toll rises to 23 confirmed cases of Covid-19
Kanwar Inder Singh/ royalpatiala.in/ Chandigarh
2 new cases were reported in Punjab, as per the Covid-19 bulletin released by the Punjab health department, one each from SBS Nagar (Nawanshahar) and SAS Nagar (Mohali)
As per the data released 1 case is confirmed from Amritsar, 2 cases from Hoshiarpur, 15 cases from SBS Nagar (Nawanshahar) and 5 cases from SAS Nagar (Mohali) were reported. Till date one death is reported from Nawanshahar in Punjab.
Today an official Video statement has been issued by Rahul Tewari, IAS the Head of the State Control Room set up at Chandigarh to give the authenticated real time information about the COVID-19 in Punjab and the efforts being taken by the Government to check the spread the crona virus.
The transcript of the message appended below.
- Good Evening everybody. My name is Rahul Tewari and I am the Head of the State Control Room set up by the Govt. of Punjab with regards to the Corona Virus crises. With me are State Epidemiologist Dr. Gagan and AIG Inderbir Singh.
- The Govt. of Punjab has decided that from today onwards me or my team members shall give you a regular and authentic update on the situation that has arisen due the Corona Virus spread and hence I request you not to pay heed to any false videos or rumours.
- To start with I will update you with the latest figures:
- a) The number of positive Corona Virus cases in Punjab till date are 23.
District wise break up is follows: SBS Nagar – 15
SAS Nagar – 5
Hoshiarpur – 2
Amritsar – 1
Out of these one patient has unfortunately passed away. Rest 22 patients are in Isolation wards and are stabl e. 18 districts of Punjab have not reported any positive Corona Virus Case till now.
- b) Number of symptomatic persons admitted in hospitals in the state of Punjab whose test results are awaited are 45.
- c) The number of Home Quarantined person in the state of Punjab are around 30,000 as of now.
- The State Govt. is keeping a constant vigil on the situation which due to its dynamic nature is changing rapidly. The Chief Minister is in constant touch with Chief Ministers of other states and with the national authorities including the PMO with regards to major issues like closing of Inter State movement, relaxing due dates related to financial compliances and the like.
- A group of ministers is constantly keeping an eye on the situation of Punjab and is regularly assessing the preparedness levels. On date the state is fully equipped with required Isolation facilities, Quarantine facilities, Emergent health need facilities, Masks, PPE Kits, Testing Kits, etc. There is no need of panic at all.
- However it is requested that in view of the exponential spreading ability of the Virus which has been witnessed in the past in many Countries, it is absolutely essential that all Citizens of Punjab cooperate fully with the state in containing this disease because if the disease starts to explode and spread exponentially with a vertical rise then the state facilities will not be able to cope up at the same pace with which the population may get Infected.
- Since social distancing is of now the only solution available to fight the spread of Corona Virus and since rush at public places was still being noticed and since many people have landed in Punjab from foreign Countries in the last few days, hence to curtail the spread of the virus and to protect the lives of its citizens, the State Govt. has decided to impose complete curfew all over Punjab till further orders. The District Magistrates have however been authorized to give suitable relaxations in cases of extreme need and emergency.
- The state Govt. urges all its Citizens to cooperate completely at this sensitive juncture and to follow the advice of the state with regards to remaining in your Homes and practicing social distancing.
- If anyone feels the symptoms of this disease which broadly are Cough, Fever, Difficulty in Breathing, Body Ache, etc then she/he may as a responsible Citizen Isolate herself/himself in their house and contact at the nearest health facility immediately and call 104 simultaneously.
- It is reiterated that the state is fully geared to meet this challenge however your support is essential in achieving this objective. If you have any problems of any type then you can contact 24×7 Operational Helpline 104 or you can contact your local District helpline details of which are given at homepage of website www.pbhealth.gov.in.
Henceforth for any query on the situation of COVID-19 in the state one may sent email at firstname.lastname@example.org