Lockdown extended; govt issues lockdown 4.0 guidelines; more relaxation given
Kanwar Inder Singh/ royalpatiala.in/ Chandigarh
Union government has extended the nationwide lockdown for two more weeks until May 31 with significant relaxations. In an order, the Ministry of Home Affairs issued guidelines for the fourth phase of the lockdown. The movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 7 pm to 7 am, except for essential activities. In the containment zones, only essential activities shall be allowed.
As per new guidelines schools/colleges and hotels will continue to remain shut throughout the country, barbershops, salons, shopping complexes and markets can now open starting Monday. As per the new orders prohibition on all public gatherings, suspension of flight and Metro services will remain in force during this phase too, inter-state movement of passenger vehicles, buses have been allowed with mutual consent of states. All religious places of worship shall also remained closed and no religious congregation is allowed with in India, till May 31.The guidelines permitted distance learning, online classes and advised to encourage them. No coaching institute is allowed to open til May, 31.
Lockdown extended; govt issues lockdown 4.0 guidelines; more relaxation given. All states/UTs shall allow inter-state and intra-state movement of medical professionals, nurses, and para medical staff, sanitation personnel and ambulances, without any restriction.”Sports complexes and stadia will be permitted to open, however, spectators won’t be allowed,” read one of the guidelines to be followed during the lockdown.
Lockdown extended; govt issues lockdown 4.0 guidelines; more relaxation given.Furthermore, states and Union Territories (UTs) have been given powers to delineate the Red, Green and Orange zones as per the Covid-19 situation. Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has directed employers on best effort basis should ensure that Arogya Setu is installed by all employees having compatible mobile phones.
Activities Prohibited throughout the Country
A limited number of activities will continue to remain prohibited throughout the country. These include
- all domestic and international air travel of passengers, except for domestic medical services, domestic air ambulance and for security purposes or purposes as permitted by MHA;
- metro rail services;
- running of schools, colleges, educational and training/coaching institutions;
- hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services, except for the running of canteens in bus depots, railway stations and airports;
- places of large public gatherings such as cinemas, shopping malls, gymnasiums entertainment parks, etc.;
- social, political, cultural and similar gatherings and other large congregations; and, access to religious places/places of worship for public.
However, online/ distance learning shall be permitted and encouraged; and, restaurants will be allowed to operate kitchens for home delivery of food items.
Before the Union govt announcement of extending lockdown, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Punjab had already extended lockdown till May 31.